Health Department Home
Environmental Health
Family Planning
Public Health Nursing
News Releases
Public Health Nursing

Adult Health | Immunizations
Maternal Family Planning | Walk–in Services

Please call our office to discuss your immunization needs and schedule an appointment. 307-633-4097. Appointments are available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Child and Adolescent Immunizations

Most children qualify for one of the state's discounted immunization programs (see criteria below).

Vaccine for Children (VFC) Program
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program is a federally-funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay. VFC-eligible children are those who are age 18 and under and are eligible for Medicaid, uninsured, American Indian/Alaskan Native, or underinsured.

Wyoming Vaccinates Important People (WYVIP) Program
The WyVIP Program was created after the enactment of the Childhood Immunization Act (2006) to provide an appropriation for vaccine for children who are not VFC-eligible. Children who are Wyoming residents, 18 years and under and do not qualify for VFC vaccine are eligible for WyVIP vaccine. Influenza vaccine, Hepatitis A vaccine, meningococcal vaccine, and HPV vaccine are NOT available for the WyVIP program.

VFC and WyVIP programs provide vaccine at no cost; however, clinic administration fees may apply in accordance with the Wyoming Department of Health Immunization program guidelines.

Wyoming Minimum Immunization Requirements
These rules apply to any child attending a day care, preschool, public or private school, including religious-based schools, as well as children participating in school sanctioned activities.

Which Vaccines Does My Child Need to Have?
Children must have the following vaccinations as appropriate for the child's age:

  • Diptheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (DTaP/Tdap)
  • Hepatitis B (HepB)
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b (HIB)
  • Polio (IPV)
  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
  • Pneumococcal (PCV-13)
  • Rotavirus
  • Varicella (VAR)

When Should My Child Receive These Vaccinations?
In regard to age, number of doses, and time between doses, vaccines should be administered according to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Recommended Immunization Schedules found at

Other vaccines recommended by ACIP include Hepatitis A, meningococcal, and HPV.
Please call our office to discuss your child's immunization needs and schedule an appointment. 307-633-4097.

Back to Top

Adult Immunizations

You may not realize that you need vaccines throughout your life. Adults need to keep their vaccinations up to date because immunity from childhood vaccines can wear off over time. You are also at risk for different diseases as an adult.

Pregnant women should update their Tdap with each pregnancy and all adults who anticipate close contact with a new baby should update their immunizations, as well. Vaccination is one of the most convenient and safest preventive care measures available.

All adults need:

  • Influenza (flu) vaccine every year
  • Td or Tdap vaccine

The following vaccines may be recommended based on your age, health conditions, job, lifestyle, or travel habits. 

  • Pneumococcal
  • Varicella
  • MMR
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Shingles (For 50 years of age and older)

Please call our office to discuss your vaccine needs and schedule an appointment. 307-633-4097

Back to Top

International Travel Immunizations
International Travel Clinics are available to educate, prepare, and immunize those who are traveling outside the United States. It is advised to schedule a counseling appointment at least 6 months before traveling. The following immunizations may be recommended, depending on destination and previous immunization history.

  • Tetanus (Td or Tdap)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Polio
  • Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
  • Meningococcal
  • Pneumococcal
  • Typhoid
  • Yellow Fever

Information related to current health risks associated with international travel can be found at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

Back to Top