District Court Clerk Home
Clerk's Fee Schedule
Electronic Filing
Juror Duties
Posting a Bond
Juvenile Records
Jury Service FAQ
Pro Se Guidelines
Covid 19 & Jury Service

The Clerk of District Court Office (CODC) wants to encourage you to get legal counsel for any court procedure. The Wyoming Supreme Court has recently adopted new rules which allows an attorney to "limit the scope of representation", which means that an attorney may help you fill out these forms. The Wyoming State Bar Referral Service, 307-632-9061, will give you a list of attorneys in our community that will provide this service.

The CODC keeps the records of all court papers according to the law. We are NOT attorneys and cannot give you legal advice. We will, however, give you information regarding basic court procedures.

There are the forms are available through our office for a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) each:

These forms are also available for download at no cost from the Wyoming Supreme Court website: https://www.courts.state.wy.us/legal-assistances-and-forms/.

  1. The filing fee is eighty five dollars ($85.00). We only accept cash, certified check, money orders or debit or credit cards (a convenience fee is charged). Keep your receipt because it refers to your "docket number" which identifies your case.
  2. However, if your case is closed for any reason with a Court Order, you will need to pay a $85.00 filing fee to re-open the case.
  3. Service on the opposing party may be made through the Sheriff or private process servers (sorry, we cannot recommend anyone):

Sheriff's Department (307) 633-4727
Civil Service (307) 221-3790
Day & Night (307) 633-2056
Drug Testing Center (307) 635-3730
TBL Services, LLC (307) 514-5426

  1. Many forms you complete must be notarized. We can witness your court documents as long as you provide us with a government issued ID.
  2. If you are seeking a Divorce, the "Affidavit for Divorce" is required in Laramie County, First Judicial District Court. This document is in the packets.
  3. The "Standard Visitation" form is required when children are involved, and is a requirement of the First Judicial District. This form is available at the Judges' Chambers.
  4. Child Support: Both parents are required to complete a Confidential Financial Affidavit with a Child Support Computation Form along with copies of supporting documents.


All Original documents plus copies must be provided by you, and must be filed in the CODC. If copies are made for you, we must charge the statutory rate of $1.00 for the first page, and $.50 for each additional page.

The final Order of Decree of Divorce can generally be submitted to the CODC for the Judge's signature, 20 days after service (in state) or 30 days after service (out of state).

It generally takes the Judge fifteen to twenty business days to review your paperwork.
Your order is NOT final until it has been file stamped by the CODC.
The Law Prevents Us From Doing the Following Things:

  1. We cannot fill out the forms for you, or advise you what information should be included on the forms, or instruct you on which forms should be filed.
  2. We cannot make arrangement for any person to speak with a Judge about their case.
  3. We cannot refer you to a specific attorney or law firm


This is a list of names and numbers where you may be able to ask for assistance:

Legal Aid 307-432-0807
UW Legal Assistance 307-766-3747
Wyoming State Bar 307-632-9061

The Clerk of District Court Office is here to serve the public. We are here to provide information about cases and the Court. You must seek legal advice from a licensed attorney.