Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA)

Deployed, active-duty service members and US citizens living overseas who claim Laramie County as their voting residence may use a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) for temporary registration and absentee voting privileges. In order to be eligible to vote in Laramie County elections, an overseas citizen must have last been domiciled in Laramie County immediately prior to leaving the United States. Mail your FPCA at least three weeks prior to an election to ensure your request is processed in time. You can also send your FPCA by email to: election@laramiecountywy.gov.

Absentee ballots for those qualifying under UOCAVA are sent 45 days prior to an election. Ballots must be returned by mail and received in the Clerk’s Office not later than 7 pm on Election Day in order to be counted. Voted ballots cannot be returned by email.

Check out the Federal Voting Assistance Program for more information regarding eligibility, voting residence, and more.