Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only Monday through Friday (excluding legal holidays) between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Licenses are issued in the Laramie County Governmental Complex, 309 W 20th St, Suite 1600. 



 Or Scan the QR Code




Contact our office at 307-633-4350 if you have any questions.

Obtaining a Marriage License

Wyoming marriage licenses can only be used in the state of Wyoming and will expire one year from the date of issuance. There is no waiting period or residency requirement to obtain a license.

Applicants must be 18 years of age or older or meet the requirement for the rights to contract under W.S. 14-1-102 or have received a declaration of emancipation pursuant to W.S. 14-1-203. Applicants who are 16 or 17 must have written consent of a guardian and a competent witness, and a Wyoming court order. No person shall marry who is under the age of 16 years.


Information needed to apply for a license

Couples must appear in person and present a current (unexpired) photo ID. Information needed includes:

  • Full legal name
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of birth
  • State or foreign country of birth
  • Current residential address
  • Parents’ full names including mother’s maiden name
  • State or foreign country in which parents were born
  • Divorce or death certificate if previously married

A worksheet must be completed before obtaining a marriage license. Download(PDF, 100KB)  and print the worksheet to fill out by hand or submit one electronically through the Wyoming Vital Statistics portal at or by scanning the QR code below. Please note that you will need to log in or create an account to submit a worksheet.



Within 10 days after the ceremony, the completed license must be returned to the issuing County Clerk’s office.


Birth and Death Certificates

Birth and death certificates are recorded at the state level by Vital Statistics Services of the Wyoming Department of Health. Call Vital Statistics Services at 307-777-7591 or visit the website at


Civil Ceremony Information

If you wish to have a circuit court judge or magistrate perform your civil ceremony, contact Circuit Court at 307-633-4298 to get information on fees and appointments. Ceremonies are not performed after 3:30 pm and you must have two witnesses.

We do not require documentation about an officiant's credentials; however, they must qualify by statute:

W.S. 20-1-106. Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony.

(a) Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.

(b) In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses (of the age of majority) that they take each other as husband and wife.



Payable by cash, check, debit or credit card (convenience fees applicable).

Marriage license and first official certificate $30.00
Reprint of marriage license (if lost/filled out incorrectly)    $5.00
Unofficial photocopy of marriage certificate $1.00


When couples return their completed licenses in person, the first official certificate is issued by our office.

For additional copies or to obtain a copy of a previously issued certificate, click here. Once created, the certificate is considered a vital record and may only be disclosed pursuant to W.S. 35-1-427(a).